Saturday, February 23, 2013

A new year & new circumstances...

Do you ever go through times when too much change is too much to bear?
I've come to a stage in my life where New Year resolutions don't work for me anymore. To me if your mind has not changed by Dec. 31st at 23:59, how different will it be at 00:00 on January 1st?  I believe that one changes only once one's mind is changed. I believe this is the answer to several failed NYRs. Why do people keep doing them - out of tradition, maybe?

I felt quite lonely leaving my last work placement. I was there one year. Ironically, when there my friends were the ward staff as opposed to my colleagues. Guess that's to be expected these days. I miss many things. From the atmosphere to that Italian admirer who never stopped wanting to be noticed. That went on for one year. Nothing happened. I wouldn't let it go further. I'm glad though. It was a lost cause and tough to deal with at times. Told my husband and closest friends about this challenge. Prayed and left with nothing damaged. Just a sense of 'nostalgie.'

No comments:

Post a Comment